Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute
Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute (KURDI)
Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute (KURDI) was established on 10 October, 1978 according to the announcement from the Office of Prime Minister concerning the “Organization of Kasetsart University” (Volume5). It has the status equivalent to an academic faculty of Kasetsart University (KU)
Kasetsart University Research and Development Institute (KURDI) has a status equivalent to and academic faculty of the university and is the fifteenth organization according to the announcement from the office of Prime Minster concerning the "Organization of Kasetsart University (Volumes)" and the announcement of the Government Gazette, dated to October, 1978. KURDI serves as the university's organization's for research administration, Coordination and collaboration, research information development as well as the transfer of research outcomes to the public.
The administration of KURDI is under the policy and supervision of the KURDI Executive Committee and KURDI Development Committee. The KURDI Executive Committee includes the Vice-President as the advisor,
KURDI Director as the Chairperson the the committee, Trepresentatives of those faculties, offices and institutes which conduct research projects, including specialists within kasetsart University and advanced research scholars from other research organizations. KURDI's Director is the Chair person of the Development Committee which includes Deputy-Directors, Heads of Divisions, Heads of Centers and Stations. Both committee offer advice and suggestions for administrating activities effectively according to KURDI's mission policy and objectives. KURDI has also established the committee for administrating the research development fund, a subcommittee for promoting and developing research, and for promoting and developing personnel who support KURDI's activities.
KURDI’s mission is to administrate and coordinate university’s research projects and services, including the research information management of all KU researchers in all campuses with regard to excellence in quality, effectiveness and ultimate efficiency.
KURDI has the following objectives:
1. To initiate research policy for the university.
2. To seek and allocate funding from Thai and international organizations.
3. To coordinate research activities within the university and with other government and non-government organizations.
4. To administrate research funds, supervise and evaluate the university research projects to ensure the efficiency and the optimal results of the projects.
5. To serve as the center of the university research database for research information exchange with other universities or organizations.
6. To publicize and disseminate KURDI and KU research outcomes to the public at both national and international level.
Kasetsart University Research Development Institute
50 Ngam Wong Wan Rd, Lat Yao Chatuchak Bangkok 10900
Tel. +66 0-2579-0032 Fax. +66 0-2579-7546